Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I'm eager to see each of my students next week after our Christmas vacation ends.  My mind has been busy with new ideas over the break.  We've tied a nice bow on 2012 with the great job you all did with your Christmas songs.

Looking forward to hearing how each student's family "performance" went with their Christmas pieces and looking forward to giving each student a NEW GOAL to work toward!

As a quick update, we sent 7 boxes out to Operation Christmas Child in December, and because of a new system implemented by Samaritan's Purse, we will be able to track where each of our boxes ends up all over the world.  I will keep students posted as I hear where the toys and treasures they so diligently worked for end up!

We also collectively earned enough points (right at the end) to donate a goat to an impoverished village through World Vision International!  I will be sharing news about that gift with each student at their next lesson and will include more details about it in the upcoming newsletter that will be sent home next week.

I'm so very pleased with each student's progress over the first few months of lessons and look forward to significant piano accomplishments in the New Year!  We'll begin putting details together toward a Spring Recital very soon, so stay posted for more information on that!  Thank you all for your hard work and practice!

And I'll see you next week!
Love,
Mrs. Dunlap

No comments:

Post a Comment