Sunday, September 16, 2012

Let's Begin!

Tomorrow marks the first official day of piano lessons here at The Key!

I say it's the first "official" day because, "unofficially", each of my children and their unsuspecting friends throughout the last few weeks have been my piano practice guinea pigs!

They have, for the most part, been delightful helpers.  We've gone through games, posture practice, and basic theory together.  And they've been my accompanists during my own practice time as well.  I'm honestly not sure whether I'd even recognize Beethoven's Sonata in G major without a little "Baby Beluga" or "Jingle Bells" being played right alongside my notes.

I have a great sense of anticipation for this first week.  I'm still trying to gain a handle on what the schedule looks like and most importantly what it will actually FEEL like once we all get started.

Most of the afternoon time slots are filled.  Praise God!  I still have a few spots open on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.  My personal goal before beginning this new venture was to secure about 10 students over the course of the first few months of my first year.

God has answered my prayers exceedingly abundantly more than I asked or imagined.  It looks like we'll begin with 9 students on the schedule and a pretty serious 10th student on the way!  God is good... all the time.

So, with pencils sharpened and practice binders stacked neatly, I'm headed out to make a few more photocopies before tomorrow.

Let's begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment